>> Sunday, April 10, 2011
Today was a changing day for me and my relationships with my sons. Specifically my eight year old. Yesterday he was well behaved for a majority of the day and I couldn't stop praising him for each thing he did that was kind or considerate or helpful. Honestly, at this age, days like this one, is hard to come by. Even during bedtime he wished I would stop kissing him as he had tired himself out with play.
I realized he needed a really good day to understand what I wanted to teach him. Now my son is great to everyone and almost an angel out of the house. In the house he is comfortable enough to get sassy, pretend he did not hear me and take 1 hour to write one homework sentence. Well today I told him I had 5 secrets to life that I wanted to share with him. He is maturing, I am getting closer to departure and I felt the need to give some jewels of wisdom. He was eager to hear and searched for a pen and paper. We headed out to the car and while my husband was driving and his little brother adding to the discussion we started our 5 point lesson with full description and questioning if he could first tell me what he thought they meant.
He put them away and my younger son wanted to add more of his wisdom to the list and made some of his points such as be kind and love your friends. Of course I told him he was absolutely correct. So here are the Five Secrets to Life; by yours truly, listed below:
- Intelligence-Always growing in your knowledge and bettering yourself academically.
- Social Intelligence-Understand your environment in order to act accordingly.
- Emotional Intelligence-(Harvard Study) Have appropriate emotions (control & consideration)
- Spiritual Intelligence-Have a connection with God through scriptures & People with the same values.
- Financial Intelligence-Enjoy it, give it to those in need and save a lot of it.