Fun Games for Children

>> Thursday, December 09, 2010

Another thing I enjoy doing with my family are little projects here and there where they feel their talents have been used. They feel proud of themselves and that's the best that any mother could want for their children.

*The children love cooking dinner with me. Which takes a lot of patience on my part. For example, his job was to cut off the ends of the string beans with his fingers. I must say I looked at his pile of half string beans in the garbage and decided to show him once more, "only the ends.." He continued throwing away half a bean string and I decided to be more happy that he was proud of the job he was doing. The oldest said why am I crying as he pealed an onion for the first time. He found this amazing and asked 20 questions on onion vs. tears.

*We also like to make art work for decorating our outside door. This year we gathered some leaves for Thanksgiving on our trail walk. I just took it down yesterday to make room for Christmas. They want to buy a fern to decorate. Again patience, for all they want to put on the fern tree.



*The computer is always a nice way to educate as they have fun. These are some sites they enjoy using:

www.starfall.com (I learned from the NY Board of Education)
www.funbrain.com (One day my son was playing it because his friend told him about it)
www.clubpenguin.com (Advertised in a book my son was reading. Must sign up first to play)
www.mcworld.com (From McDonalds. Sign in also required)
www.pbskids.com (Used to play all the time)
www.thomasandfriends.com (Used to play all the time)
www.nickjr.com (Formerly known as "Noggin" )
www.nicktoons.com (A little more mature)

There is one more game that I know but it is for children and adults. You have to put in the search engine the game you want and have to keep vigilant as some games are inappropriate for children. I used to use it for racing games and sports games. I rarely use it now. If you want the site I can get it for you otherwise this is my list of online free games for children. If you have another please feel free to share.

2 comments:

Unknown December 10, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

Good mommy!

I feel so much better when I'm doing activities like that because I'm actively loving them instead of co-existing.

But if you really want to cry (from laughing) read this:

http://www.annsrants.com/2010/12/monday-morning-flow-chart.html

Anonymous December 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM  

Nice post, kind of drawn out though. Really good subject matter though.